(Ákvað að skrifa þetta á ensku svo það gæti gagnast fleirum)
I bought a Samsung Galaxy S smartphone running Android 2.1 out of the box. Shortly after I started using it I noticed two major problems:
a) the famous lag issue
b) Exchange not connecting over 3G data only WiFi.
I waited for the Android 2.2. update that arrived around November 10th but that did not resolve my issues with the phone. I contacted the import and service company in Iceland (Tæknvörur) and their only solution was for me to bring it in for a complete “reinstall” loosing all my configuration, installed app, data, etc and replacing it with the same OS and filesystem as was making my life “a lagged hell”. Somehow this did not sit well with me.
First problem was that my phone didn’t allow for the recovery boot method, so rooting was hard to do. Have no fear, 4ZRoot is here. Worked nicely. After that I decided on the OCLF (One Click Lag Fix), another but a bit more scary fix is the Voodoo Project. I’m sure that workes too but I decided on OCLF, the install was easy, installed the EXT2 tools and applied the V1+ lag fix. A reboot later the Quadrant score was up from 944 to 1988. Nothing mind-blowing but considering that I decided in the simplest solution I’m pleased. Lag is fixed but of course the Exchange Mail problem is still there and waits an update or the next time I feel like fixing something myself.